Anacapa Sciences is committed to being a leader in the application of cognitive science, information systems, and human factors research to the development of innovative training and technology design. Our objective is to enhance human performance and safety in complex systems and organizations.
Since its formation in 1969, the company has completed more than 800 research and development projects for over 200 different government agencies, academic institutions, and industrial organizations.
Anacapa is an employee-owned corporation, operating from facilities in Santa Barbara, California. Corporate officers are Douglas Harris, Chairman; Robert Dick, Vice President Technology; Jack Stuster, Vice President Research; and Barbara Gates, Corporate Secretary.
Staff members have advanced degrees principally in psychology, criminology, engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, and anthropology. The staff has demonstrated its ability to perform projects that vary in size and duration from small, rapid-start-up projects of short duration to multi-million dollar projects scheduled over several years. Projects have required the application of staff capabilities in the following areas.
- Development of Models, Simulations, Games, and Guidelines
- Training Research and Development
- Software Development, Analysis and Security
- Behavioral Research and Analysis
- System, Job and Task Analysis
- Usability Testing and Evaluation
- Analysis of Risks, Errors, and Accidents
- Development of Models, Simulations, and Guidelines
- Preparation and Conduct of Training Courses and Seminars
Anacapa supports its project work with exceptional financial strength and comprehensive financial information systems. The company's information system provides project directors and clients complete semi-monthly accounting for each current project. The financial condition of the company and its management systems are routinely audited by the Defense Contract Audit Agency.
- The Small Business Administration has honored the company for its performance in support of government programs.
- Staff members have received numerous honors and awards from professional societies and government agencies for their innovations and contributions.